Pediatric consultation area
2006 - The second project where "Un Canto A La Vida" and Help-for-Hope joined forces was the construction of the hospital's pediatric consultation area, the first point of contact with the hospital for most children needing health attention in Quito South.
1. The project
With the choice of funding the pediatric consultation area, Help-for-Hope has aimed at directly linking donations with a hospital area of immediate and high impact on children, as well as focusing on a construction project with clear milestones and end product.
The choice has also been guided by the thoroughness of "Un Canto A La Vida"'s business plan for the construction of the area.
2. Help-for-Hope's investment
Total costs for the construction of the pediatric area have amounted to USD 37'500. Help-for-Hope has assumed responsibility for funding the majority share of the construction costs, ie USD 20'000. The remainder USD 17’500 have been funded by the Foundation Tierra Nueva, the hospital's own foundation. Total amount we aimed for (based on past average exchange rates) was CHF 25'000.
3. The results
Fundraising outcome and completion of project: thank you for responding in 2006 so generously to Help-for-Hope's calls for support. Total donations amounted to CHF 23'150. This outstanding result, together with a bridging donation by the founders of CHF 1'850, have brought the necessary funding of CHF 25'000 for completion of the construction. The pediatric consultation area has been inaugurated in December 2006, in the presence of Mrs. Maria Beatriz de Palacio, Ecuador's First Lady, and Mr. Paco Moncayo, the Major of Quito (see articles).
Left: Beginning of construction
Right: Inauguration (December 13, 2006)
Below: more pictures of the pediatric consultation area, now fully operational: the reception area (left) and the corridor through the pediatric area (right)
Below: (left) A first baby-patient being treated... All to the left of the picture, Mercedes Silva, the director of the Hospital. (right) The play area for children staying at the hospital
Below: (left) Its walls painted in happy colors. (right) Two beds, the one close to the window representing an elephant...
- 18/05 H4H wins Grand Prix of Bern!
- 26/04 Valentine runs for H4H in Lausanne!
- 07/04 Andreas won IM 70.3 New Orleans !
- 07/04 Géraldine flies over Paris Marathon !
- 14/04 Relay Race Bulle, H4H's podium!
- 27/03 The RB's start into the new season !
- 14/03 Andy Athlete of the year 2012 !
- 17/02 First National Medal for Pierre
- 11/01 H4H Fun Team's Fondue event
- 06/01 H4H at Nice Prom'Classic !
- 01/01 World Class Ambassadors for H4H !
- 16/12 4 H4H Relay Teams at Silvesterlauf !
- 30/11 The Very's Bikers at l'Escalade !
- 06/12 Andi Birnbacher supports H4H on FB!
- 25/11 Advent Race, podiums for H4H!
- 24/11 Camilla & Caroline at Triathlon Party!
- 04/10 Team H4H on Noviodurun's podium!
- 28/10 Team H4H fantastic in Lausanne!
- 13/10 The Raelert Brothers in Hawaii!
- 07/10 Pierre in Morat-Fribourg!
- 02/10 Frank's & Eugénie's Rally in Corsica!
- 23/09 Sybille qualifies for Las Vegas!
- 10/09 Micha at 70.3 World Championships!
- 02/09 Andy wins Challenge Walchsee!
For previous races, please check under Events