“Sustainable impact through personal commitment ”
Message from Jenö C. A. Staehelin, co-founder of Help-for-Hope, Swiss Ambassador to the UN in New York (1997-2004), Chairman of the Board of UNICEF worldwide (2003)
Welcome to Help-for-Hope.
You have probably been confronted, in one way or another, with images of children in distress. May be you have personally witnessed the struggle of a child for a better future, a future colored with hope. If these experiences have awakened in you a desire to help, I encourage you to read on.
During my various diplomatic postings around the world, I’ve seen at work a range of approaches geared at improving conditions of distressed children. They ranged from governmental programs to privately funded initiatives, multilateral undertakings, and projects led by Non-Governmental Organizations. All of these constituencies play an essential role in their own right, and it is my experience that powerful examples come from concerted efforts among these different approaches.
I have also witnessed that the difference is often made by individual people, people with a strong personal commitment to a cause. Chances of success are highest where people have the skills, but also a personal stake in the success of a project, through family ties, cultural affiliation, defining moments in life, or other. All the more so when personal commitment meets with projects that are specific, with clear outcomes and well defined accountabilities. In essence, this is what Help-for-Hope stands for: strong personal commitment to children and donors, and clear measurable outcomes.
It is you and me who can make a difference. We can give children a chance to live their dreams, no matter where they are born. They are our future, they are our hope. I’d be delighted if we could share this journey together, and I invite you to explore Help-for-Hope’s website for more information.
Thank you for your interest in Help-for-Hope. Yours,
Jenö C. A. Staehelin
- 18/05 H4H wins Grand Prix of Bern!
- 26/04 Valentine runs for H4H in Lausanne!
- 07/04 Andreas won IM 70.3 New Orleans !
- 07/04 Géraldine flies over Paris Marathon !
- 14/04 Relay Race Bulle, H4H's podium!
- 27/03 The RB's start into the new season !
- 14/03 Andy Athlete of the year 2012 !
- 17/02 First National Medal for Pierre
- 11/01 H4H Fun Team's Fondue event
- 06/01 H4H at Nice Prom'Classic !
- 01/01 World Class Ambassadors for H4H !
- 16/12 4 H4H Relay Teams at Silvesterlauf !
- 30/11 The Very's Bikers at l'Escalade !
- 06/12 Andi Birnbacher supports H4H on FB!
- 25/11 Advent Race, podiums for H4H!
- 24/11 Camilla & Caroline at Triathlon Party!
- 04/10 Team H4H on Noviodurun's podium!
- 28/10 Team H4H fantastic in Lausanne!
- 13/10 The Raelert Brothers in Hawaii!
- 07/10 Pierre in Morat-Fribourg!
- 02/10 Frank's & Eugénie's Rally in Corsica!
- 23/09 Sybille qualifies for Las Vegas!
- 10/09 Micha at 70.3 World Championships!
- 02/09 Andy wins Challenge Walchsee!
For previous races, please check under Events