The ABEI Foundation in Quito Ecuador has a children program, "Hogar Infantil" which aims to assist in full or partial recovery of economically disadvantaged children and adolescents with physical disabilities, hearing and intellectual problems, learning disorders and malnutrition and aims for social and school integration.
ABEI provides specialized medical services,prevention campaigns, diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation. And also offers semi-boarding school, day care and training for their caregivers.
The range of action of ABEI is in the center and northwest part of the city of Quito, with an estimated population of 800,000 of which 30% are below the poverty line and 60% in poverty.
Help-for-Hope has helped the ABEI obtain their first encephalogram machine (see picture on the left), in order to provide service for a full diagnosis of children, youth and their families (2,000 children have already benefited from this service in 2011) , give prompt attention in neurology and pediatrics, and conduct two health campaigns for early detection and timely treatment of disabilities in the year 2011.
total cost of project: USD 27,640.-
Monica with a young girl of the center
The founders and volunteers of ABEI
A new arrived baby taken care of
- 26/04 Valentine runs for H4H in Lausanne!
- 07/04 Andreas won IM 70.3 New Orleans !
- 07/04 Géraldine flies over Paris Marathon !
- 14/04 Relay Race Bulle, H4H's podium!
- 27/03 The RB's start into the new season !
- 14/03 Andy Athlete of the year 2012 !
- 17/02 First National Medal for Pierre
- 11/01 H4H Fun Team's Fondue event
- 06/01 H4H at Nice Prom'Classic !
- 01/01 World Class Ambassadors for H4H !
- 16/12 4 H4H Relay Teams at Silvesterlauf !
- 30/11 The Very's Bikers at l'Escalade !
- 06/12 Andi Birnbacher supports H4H on FB!
- 25/11 Advent Race, podiums for H4H!
- 24/11 Camilla & Caroline at Triathlon Party!
- 04/10 Team H4H on Noviodurun's podium!
- 28/10 Team H4H fantastic in Lausanne!
- 13/10 The Raelert Brothers in Hawaii!
- 07/10 Pierre in Morat-Fribourg!
- 02/10 Frank's & Eugénie's Rally in Corsica!
- 23/09 Sybille qualifies for Las Vegas!
- 10/09 Micha at 70.3 World Championships!
- 02/09 Andy wins Challenge Walchsee!
For previous races, please check under Events