Race around the Vaud Canton in 6 steps from
10 August to 14 September 2011
The Help-for-Hope Team was present in 3 out of 6 races:
Mezières - 10 August : Pierre Fournier finished 1st in 29.40,7
La Sarraz - 24 August : Pierre finished 2nd in 28.30,3
St-Prex - 14 September : Alexandra Borgeaud finished in 48.26,8 and Roxane Jaquier-Grant in 53.50,0 accompagnied by Stephane Monti (who ran just to encourage me!)
My first race
I have long had a commitment to the Association and have been administrator of its internet site for around 6 months. Through having regular contact with the athletes, by providing them moral support through the "fan club", by reporting on their achievements and sharing their joy and enthusiasm, I finally ended up by catching the same virus! At 43 years of age, having never run in my life, I nevertheless decided to give it a go and started running in May of this year. My very first kilometre was the toughest. I was totally out of breath, developed a stitch and my legs could hardly hold me up. Nevertheless I decided to keep at it and being highly motivated, I managed to get to 3 then 5 kilometres, hoping that even longer distances were simply a question of training. By June, it hit me!. Just the act of putting on my running shoes and going out 3 or 4 times a week for a leisurely jog in the countryside provided me with the greatest of pleasure. I then decided that my goal would be to reach a distance of 10km before signing up for my first race. By August, I was ready for this great adventure! Accompanied by two friends I stood at my first starting line at St. Prex on the 14 September. What excitement just to be part of the mass of competitors each one eager to achieve a pre determined goal. Mine was a modest one, to cover the 8.6km distance in under 55mins. I was so paralysed with the thought of developing a stitch, that I started out very slowly to warm up. But then after 2km warming up, I encountered first one then two hills a fact I had not really foreseen and which had not been part of my training over totally flat roads. I truly suffered at this part of the race. However after reaching the second summit half way through the race the rest was sheer joy. I was able to catch up on my time and finally finished in 53 mins! What a fantastic feeling on passing the finishing line, totally exhausted, but so happy to have succeeded! A memorable experience!
Now that I have my breath back I have registered for the Lausanne 10Km race on 30 October. Who wants to join me!!
Run for Fun , Roxane
- 26/04 Valentine runs for H4H in Lausanne!
- 07/04 Andreas won IM 70.3 New Orleans !
- 07/04 Géraldine flies over Paris Marathon !
- 14/04 Relay Race Bulle, H4H's podium!
- 27/03 The RB's start into the new season !
- 14/03 Andy Athlete of the year 2012 !
- 17/02 First National Medal for Pierre
- 11/01 H4H Fun Team's Fondue event
- 06/01 H4H at Nice Prom'Classic !
- 01/01 World Class Ambassadors for H4H !
- 16/12 4 H4H Relay Teams at Silvesterlauf !
- 30/11 The Very's Bikers at l'Escalade !
- 06/12 Andi Birnbacher supports H4H on FB!
- 25/11 Advent Race, podiums for H4H!
- 24/11 Camilla & Caroline at Triathlon Party!
- 04/10 Team H4H on Noviodurun's podium!
- 28/10 Team H4H fantastic in Lausanne!
- 13/10 The Raelert Brothers in Hawaii!
- 07/10 Pierre in Morat-Fribourg!
- 02/10 Frank's & Eugénie's Rally in Corsica!
- 23/09 Sybille qualifies for Las Vegas!
- 10/09 Micha at 70.3 World Championships!
- 02/09 Andy wins Challenge Walchsee!
For previous races, please check under Events